Let's be friends!

Follow on Bloglovin

The art of finding the right place for the right occasion in Prague is quite difficult, mainly because there are way too many options! We've lived here for years and still there's no way we'll ever keep up with new openings as well as revisit old favourites (stomach says no).

This weekend we had visitors who insisted on locating a nice spot for a lazy Sunday afternoon with a view of the river and (obviously) good food. After thorough research and a shout out on Crowdsauce we agreed on Grosseto ~ Marina

I admit, it was a first for me as well; I can't say I go for Italian out of choice, perhaps because it's somewhat overly popular and usually mediocre.



"It's a boat!" - me (clearly excited).

First impressions: beautifully furnished inside, the view is even more outstanding and every staff member smiled and greeted us (and it's quite the trip all the way across the boat to our table). A really warm welcome!




This was the gorgeous view from our table. The weather wasn't behaving and we constantly had heavy clouds rolling around, eventually turning into a thunderstorm and a downpour. 



The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and chatty, a real bonus in the Prague scene if you ask me. 

We ordered a bunch of starters, tuna tartar with wasabi cream (205czk), homemade bread with roasted prawns with garlic and ginger (215czk), gratinated St. Jacobs scallops in crust of homemade bread (280czk) and a green salad (Insalata di verdure) (175czk).





We thoroughly enjoyed the nibbles, apart from the tuna tartar which was rather mediocre and lacked in flavour. 


For mains, we ordered risotto with pumpkin and smoked duck breast (215czk) and ravioli stuffed with ricotta, chicken meat balls with prosciutto (225czk). Both dishes were enjoyable; risotto more so however. I found the chicken choice for meatballs slightly odd!




The rain kept returning, taunting us at our open window table, and so to enrich such gloomy atmosphere we ordered some sweeties.

A warm chocolate cake with pear ice-cream (139czk), fresh strawberries with mascarpone (149czk) and a carrot cake with cream of mascarpone and cinnamon (125czk).





The selection certainly calmed our sweet tooth. A few hours and two bottles of wine later, we were defeated. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the choice of venue and said they'll definitely return next time they're in Prague. 

I am keen to revisit Marina Grosseto on a nicer day myself, but with a slightly different menu selection. I am yet to find something to blow my mind! If you have a favourite, do tell - I am all ears.






Thanks for reading! ;-)

2 comments

  1. Yay, you blogged! I always feel a bit sad after I read your gorgeous posts and there's nothing left for me to look at. Stunning photography as usual, keep it coming! x

    Jasiminne | Posh, Broke, & Bored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yus...! I finally did. Awh, you're making me blush! Thanks for coming by! x

      Delete

Feel free to share what's on your mind!

© The Eclectic Photo Diary. Powered by Blogger.